Monday, January 5, 2015

Destination - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Long exposure shots.

I always wanted to create a long exposure landscape of my own with dreamy water wrapping around rocks. You can trick the time of the day with ND filter, but I don't have one, they are pretty expensive toys. This time it was pretty dark and I didn't need a filter for this kind of shot.
I was traveling so I had my traveling tripod with me, which is very flimsy. Right away I found out it's thin legs get sucked into wet sand, making camera move. I found a rock and was balancing on it.
Dominican  mosquitoes apparently have my all natural bug spray on their "don't care" list, so I was bitten terribly and tried not to move to avoid camera shaking.
At sunset we have a few minutes to shoot and it's gone. But at the right moment a local gigolo showed up to charm me and have a small talk! He is still alive fortunately for him.
Here are three shots I kept.








 








No comments:

Post a Comment